Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Boycott Gamespot

Firstly, I know there was no update last week and I'm sorry for that, but things are a bit hectic for me at work at the moment. There is light at the end of the tunnel however because next week I am on holiday for almost three weeks, and I plan to post some articles while I'm off. What I am really here to say though is that from now on I will be boycotting Gamespot completely, due to the controversy surrounding the firing of Jeff Gerstmann due to his harsh Kane & Lynch review. It is my personal opinion that games journalists should be allowed to say whatever they want in a review, without fear of censorship or recrimination - indeed they owe it to their readership to give an honest opinion. It is obvious after reading through this post on Joystik that there is something very fishy going on, which I for one can do without. I urge you to read the Joystik article and decide for yourself.

No comments: