Thursday, January 07, 2010

What I got for Christmas and plans for this ol' blog

Happy new year to everyone who reads this!

I continued my tradition of taking a long time off over the Christmas period, with 18 days off including weekends and bank holidays. Even though I was off work for such a long time, I still had plenty to do. First off was my birthday on the 21st of December, where I received copies of Star Trek, Terminator Salvation and Inglourious Basterds. As for games, I received Sonic Adventure DX for the Gamecube, a £15 gift card for iTunes which was mostly spent on games, and I also bought Need for Speed Shift (Xbox 360) and Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3) with £50 I was given.

Christmas day began with me unwrapping another couple of Gamecube games - The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and Return of the King. Then, later in day I also received Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on Blu Ray and £200 from my dad. Now, as there's no gadgets that I especially want at this moment in time, I went out on Boxing Day and spent it on games. Here's the full run down of what I bought: Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Edition, Assassin's Creed II, Halo 3: ODST Special Edition (with controller), Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Red Faction Guerrilla and Far Cry 2 (all Xbox 360), inFAMOUS (PS3) and a Blu Ray remote for the PS3.


I'm now working my way through all these games, in particular Forza Motorsport 3. Hopefully I will manage to get reviews posted for most of them over the next few months. My new years resolution is to put up at least one post a week (more if I can manage it), include more retro coverage and also more of this type of diary style post, rather than wall to wall reviews like it has been recently. The first few posts will likely include reviews of Torchlight and Dragon Age: Origins, and my top 5 games and films of 2009.

In other news, I have signed up as a driver with RCOM (the Racing Charity for Online Motorsports) and created my own Forza Motorsport 3 team - RMG (Retro Modern Gaming, in honour of the blog). My first race, assuming I manage to sign up on Sunday before all the places are filled, is an endurance race - 1 hour of Sunset Peninsula Raceway (Full Circuit). I am quite nervous but the field should be made up of rookies like me so maybe I'll be alright. I have just put together the livery for the team, which you can see below.


Here's a link to the teaser video!

No comments: